Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stampy Saturday

Ah, the peace and quiet of a Saturday where Thing 1 and Thing 2 are off for a visit to grandma's house.  That leaves me and Ashton here to do what we love most: stamping and not being sat on by Thing 2, respectively.  :)

I have so much to share with you today so let's get started with a card that was supposed to be posted on Monday!

Um, gorgeous!  I love this card for so many reasons but it definately didn't come together quickly.  It was started and restarted 2 or 3 times at least before the idea of stencilling on it popped into my head and after that it was finished pretty fast.  I used the Tulip Frame embossing folder on the base then cut a top note from old olive and from the Botanical Gazette DSP.  The small pieces of DSP were punched with the 1 1/4 square punch and then had the corners rounded on two sides.  I stamped the birdcage image from Nature Walk and then trimmed it out and put an Antique Brad through the centre.  The stencil is from the 3 pack in the Decor Elements catalogue, the name is escaping me just now.  I added the pearls for the always needed 'bling'!  Next came the Crochet Trim lace along the bottome and the final touch was to stamp the 'enjoy' from Fabulous Phrases and attach it with linen thread to the brad.  I stepped back to look at it and it still needed something....so I smooched it with a very liberal dousing of Smooch Spritz....love that stuff!  Definately my favourite product right now.

Now as promised, BLOG CANDY!  Leave me a comment on this post letting me know what your favourite product to play with is right now.  I'll draw a name and post the winner on Tuesday.  If that is you, you'll get the Eggcroutements stamp set, a stack of 6x6 DSP sheets, and a packet of embellishments from the Pretties Kit!

And now I have to share these adorable babies...only they're not really babies anymore!  My ever more mobile 9 month old Ashton and the "Things", Skyeler and Calum.  Skye likes to see himself on my blog...*sigh*, ahh, children of the technology age! :)

That's it for today!  Check back Monday for a final Valentine's project.

IT'S HERE! Sale-A-Bration is here and it is fabulous!  Earn your free products one of three ways: place a $60 order, host a $395 workshop, or use this as an opportunity to join my team and get the starter kit at a 15% discount PLUS an extra bundle of product worth $60! 

COMING SOON!  March 1-5 will be 'Anything But A Card Week!' and I'm so excited to bring you 5 different projects that are completely unrelated to cards...but are still using all Stampin' Up! products. 

MOJO MONDAY will feature the sketch of the week with a Valentine's theme....so if you procrastinated on a card for your special someone, check it out first thing for a great idea!


3 comments:

  1. I'm from Halifax so I don't know if I can play along, but my favourite products right now are buttons and twine! (I found your blog via someone on facebook I think.) Andrea =) (pattersonpair at hotmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you back! (I know it hasn't been long but I check your blog a few times a day to check for updates). My favourite product right now is the Embosslits Beautiful Wings - I keep cutting out cute little butterflies 'just because'! I'm envisioning a wall of little butterflies, which my husband would probably hate...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...